Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Good To Be Home From Time To Time



Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. - Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager (2006)

When I first heard Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly's music, I was walking alone at 1 AM, not sure where I was going. I decided to play it on my iPod out of desperation for any kind of music on my walk to anywhere. The album feels like a soundtrack to your night; the guitars are fingerpicked, mostly, Sam Duckworth's voice is higher-pitched but not obnoxiously so; he's a beautiful alto-tenor that sounds like he maybe used to be a punk singer, but ended up doing acoustic indie folk music instead. He's pretty much the only member in this cd; he plays guitar, trumpet, keyboards, programs the drums, and sings. The whole album sounds like what you want someone to tell you when you're in a bad mood; the lyrics tell you that everything will be okay and that it'll all work out and you can't help but agree.

The best part of the album, I would say, is the way it varies so little, while changing so much. The songs all have the same instruments on it; acoustic guitars, drum machines, keyboards, vocals, some have a little trumpet, whatever. Nothing jumps out as being out of place; each one, you might say, is a chronicle. Each song another chapter, therefore saying so much without trying to outshine any others. It's generally a great, great cd and the way that each song seems compounded by the next one is just fantastic. I recommend it to anyone looking for some kind of mixture between acoustic indie pop and punk rock; what you end up with is just beautiful.

Recommended songs: Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager (Part Two), I-Spy, Lighthouse Keeper
Genre: Indie, Folk, Punk
Link: http://www.mediafire.com(SLASH)?y0tdz2idlm2

No comments:

Post a Comment